Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween 102 - Spooktacular

All great holiday decor starts with the door, it is after all how your guests enter.
So on to how I made my Halloween Spooktacular Wreath


Step 1: Grapevine wreath - I got mine at Micheal's

Step 2: Randomly glue Spanish Moss to wreath - I used a hot glue gun

Step 3: Pull the hot glue gun strings throughout the Spanish Moss,  this adds a spider web look as well as assists with keeping the moss from blowing away in the wind. 



Step 4: Anchor Spanish Moss even more by gluing leaves throughout

Step 5: Add larger decor pieces - for me this was 2 crows on top and large skull at the bottom, again hot gluing to secure Spanish Moss

Step 6: Fill in the wreath with remaining creepy smaller decor ...

Step 7: Spray wreath all over with sealant (Rustoleum Protective Enamel), helps with wind and rain

5 comments:

  1. This did turn out spooktacular-what a great way to meet guests!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great wreath! I love this! I hope you will come link it to my Halloween party this weekend. It looks fantastic.

    Krista
    whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! Love the skulls... Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Soiree... hope you share more of your crafty talent tomorrow!
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your much scarier than most wreath with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete